2D shapes can be defined as the plane figures that can be drawn on a flat (or plane) surface or a piece of paper. All the 2D shapes have various parameters such areas and perimeter. Some of the 2D shapes contain sides and corners, whereas some have curved boundaries.
- It is a shape surrounded by three or more straight lines in a plane and sometimes with a closed curve
- These shapes have no depth or height.
- These shapes have only two dimensions, say length and breadth, whereas curved shapes such as circle and ellipse have radii.
- Area, perimeter can be found for these shapes.
- Examples: Circle, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Polygons, etc.
I have 4 sides that are all same,
Flip me up, turn me down,
Turn me left or flip me right,